Students learn how to create and broadcast a newscast or other show by rotating through these 12 TV Studio positions:
- Title/CG Operator – Learn to create titles for a broadcast under production.
- Teleprompter Operator – Learn to prepare the teleprompter script Anchors will use. Also learn to load the script into the teleprompter software.
- Tech Director – Learn to use an electronic video mixer to control what the viewing audience sees during a broadcast.
- Script Supervisor – Learn to create a storyboard for each broadcast.
- Producer – Learn the jobs performed by a Producer before, during, and after a broadcast.
- Director – Learn a director’s role—it’s like conducting an orchestra. This includes cueing the broadcast team when to do their parts and when the broadcast concludes.
- Camera Operator – Learn the Camera Operator’s responsibilities. This involves setting up the shots and operating a video camera.
- Audio Technician – Learn the Audio Technician’s job to control the audio for a broadcast. This will involve mixing multiple audio sources used in the studio.
- Assistant Audio Technician – Learn the job of the Assistant Audio Technician. This includes setting up the wireless microphone and intercom systems. It further includes assisting the Audio Technician before and during the broadcast.
- Anchor – Learn the responsibility of the anchor to make sure that all of the behind the scenes efforts of the studio team work shows.
- Stage Manager — Learn to manage the team members on the studio floor during the broadcast, and tell the director when the studio is ready to go.
- Master Playback and Record Operator — Learn to play back pre-recorded story segments during the broadcast and to record the entire show.
Fall Semester 2021 Special Pricing—Hurry, this offer is only good through July 31, 2021!
Item #studiocurr01t Price:
$295 $97 (for each teacher of the program)
Item #studiocurr01s Price:
$75 $15 (for each student in the program)
Download Teacher Curriculum Description sheet
Download Student Curriculum Description sheet
View Lab Packages which equip these studio positions, as seen in Phase 2: School Broadcast Multimedia Lab in the studio layout below.